SCORE - How they can help you
Massachusetts Small Business Development
List of Assistance Organizations
Massachusetts Office of Business Development
– Address: 136 Blackstone Street, 5 th Floor, Boston, MA 02109
– Website: https://www.mass.gov/orgs/massachusetts-office-of-business-development
– Contact information: 617-973-8600
– Summary: The Massachusetts Office of Business Development (MOBD) helps businesses relocating to Massachusetts and businesses wishing to begin operations here with assistance for obtaining funding through various programs, as well as microlending and community development.
Massachusetts Small Business Development Center Network
– Address: Located in six regional offices throughout the Commonwealth, including:
Berkshire, Boston area, Central, Northeast, Southeast, and Western.
o Outreach offices across each region as well in various towns throughout the state, to view outreach locations, please visit: https://www.msbdc.org/outreach.html.
– Website: https://www.msbdc.org/
– Contact information:
– State Office (Amherst):413-545-6301
– Berkshire Regional Office (Pittsfield): 413-499-0933
– Central Regional Office (Worcester): 508-793-7615
– Massachusetts Export Center (Boston): 617-973-8664
– Procurement Technical Assistance Center (Amherst): 413-545-6303
– Northeast Regional Office (Salem): 978-542-6343
– Southeast Regional Office (Fall River) :508-673-9783
– Western Regional Office (Springfield): 413-577-1768
– Summary: The Massachusetts Small Business Development Center (MSBDC) Network provides one-to-one free comprehensive and confidential services focusing on, business growth and strategies, financing and loan assistance as well as strategic, marketing and operational analysis. In addition, low cost educational training programs are offered across the state targeted to the needs of small business.
This is achieved through three integrated product lines:
+ Business Advisory Services
+ Government Contracting
+ International Trade Assistance
Services are delivered through a statewide network of skilled professionals supported by a vast network of federal, state, educational and private sector partners. With seven regional and specialty offices and 38 outreach locations across the state, services are available within 30-minutes of most potential clients in the state.
– Address: online
– Website: https://www.mass.gov/mass-bizworks
– Contact information: complete online contact form
– Summary: Massachusetts BizWorks is a federal and state collaboration designed t enhance and align the services offered to Massachusetts businesses. It simplifies and coordinates efforts among agencies that work with businesses. You don't have to contact multiple agencies to take advantage of the Commonwealth's resources. Just contact BizWorks, and you'll be connected to a variety of services.
– Address: 99 High Street, Boston, MA 02110
– Website: https://www.massdevelopment.com/
– Contact information: 617-330-2000, 800-445-8030, or through the online form
– Summary: MassDevelopment, the state’s economic development and finance agency, works with businesses, nonprofits, financial institutions, and communities to stimulate economic growth across the Commonwealth. Through these collaborations we help create jobs, increase the number of housing units, revitalize urban environments, and address factors limiting economic growth including transportation, energy, and
Massachusetts Growth Capital Corporation
– Address: 529 Main Street, Schrafft Center, Suite 201, Charlestown, MA 02129
– Website: http://www.massgcc.com/
– Contact information: 617-523-6262 (tel), 617-523-7676 (fax), or through the online form
– Summary: The Mission of the Massachusetts Growth Capital Corporation is to create and preserve jobs at small businesses, women and minority owned businesses, and to promote economic development in underserved, gateway municipalities and low and moderate income communities. MGCC provides a centralized resource at the state level that offers working capital, loan guarantees, and targeted technical assistance to solve specific
financial and operational problems. MGCC will provide 50 % of the cost of such assistance while the company being assisted will invest the other 50%.
Address: 308 Congress Street, 5 th Floor, Boston, MA 02210
Contact information: 617-723-4920 (tel), 617-723-5983 (fax), or through the online form
Summary: MassVentures was formed in 1978 as a quasi-public corporation by the
Commonwealth of Massachusetts to address the capital gap for start-up companies and to
encourage the growth of early-stage technology firms. MassVentures’ enabling and
governing legislation is Chapter 40G of Massachusetts General Laws as amended in 1993
and 2002. MassVentures is a venture capital firm focused on fueling the Massachusetts
innovation economy by funding early-stage, high-growth Massachusetts startups as they
move from concept to commercialization.
Massachusetts Alliance for Economic Development (MassEcon)
Address: 101 Walnut Street, Watertown, MA 02472
Contact information: 617-924-4600, or through the online form
Summary: Bringing the public and private sectors together, MassEcon works to create a
supportive culture for business, enhance job growth, promote investment in communities,
and spread prosperity throughout the state. Working with its public sector partners,
MassEcon brings a private sector voice to marketing Massachusetts as a place to do
business. MassEcon provides assistance with business development with things such as
site finding, research, and programming and education.
Small Business Administration (SBA) Boston & Springfield District Offices
Address: 10 Causeway Street, Room 265, Boston, MA &
One Federal Street Building 101-R, Springfield, MA
Contact information: 617-565-5590 (Boston) & 413-785-0484 (Springfield)
Summary: The SBA is a US government agency that provides support to small
businesses through various programs.
Address: 10 Causeway Street, Room 265, Boston, MA
Contact information: 617-565-5591
Summary: SCORE is a program partnered with the SBA that provides free counseling
and mentoring to those who desire to start or build a business in the greater Boston area.
New England Business Association
Address: 1601 Trapelo Road, Suite 172
Contact information: 781-890-9070, or through email@example.com
Summary: New England Business Association provides businesses with more access to
capital, exclusive rates on services and products via a preferred vendor program, and
innovative business-to-business networking platforms.
Center for Women & Enterprise
Address: Central MA Office: 69 Milk St., Suite 217, Westborough, MA
Eastern MA Office: 24 School St., 7 th Floor, Boston, MA
Contact information: 508-363-2300 (Central MA), 617-536-0700 (Eastern MA), or
through info.CentralMA@cweonline.org or info.EasternMA@cweonline.org
Summary: The Center for Women & Enterprise is a nationally known nonprofit
organization dedicated to helping people start and grow their businesses. CWE has
worked with more than 37,300 Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire and
Vermont entrepreneurs since 1995.
Massachusetts Association of Community Development Corporations
Address: 15 Court Square, Suite 600, Boston, MA 02108
Contact information: 617-426-0303
Summary: MACDC provides training, technical assistance and access to capital to small
businesses and micro enterprises, including those located in inner-city and rural
communities, those from immigrant communities and communities of color and other
traditional disadvantaged communities.
Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition
Address: 105 Chauncy Street, Suite 901, Boston, MA 02111
Contact information: 617-350-5480
Summary: The MIRA Coalitions has created a guide aiding immigrants in opening a
business in Massachusetts and offers information regarding state, local, and national
resources for both immigrant entrepreneurs and financial partners and lenders.
Resources to Look Into:
US Small Business Administration
Capital Access Program